Saturday, September 8, 2012

Get 'Er Done! :)

It's a rainy Saturday morning here in the Bluegrass.  I think that means it is a perfect morning to start the dishwasher and laundry, sit on my couch while they hum in the background, and catch up on some blog reading!  Perfect way to begin a weekend!  Don't ya think?!?!

Here are some great ideas I found while browsing the WWW.  I (of course) pinned these on my Pinterest boards, but sometimes I pin some really great ideas and then forget about them or I do something else and never get around to the great idea I had before.  Here's to putting the great ideas "out there" and maybe I'll get one completed!  I am thinking about printing out some of my pins, putting them in a binder, and checking them off as I complete them.  A little Pinterest manual/to do list, if you will!

Please click on each picture to take you to the original source!  The following are my top 3 pins to accomplish THIS weekend! (I'm being a realist here, start small...3 is doable).

1.  Sight Word Practice Box-It's like a personal Daily 5 box for each kiddo!  I even have the perfect boxes for this at school.  In fact, I have been packing one of those perfect boxes around in the back of my car for about 2 weeks (when I pinned this) thinking I would work on it that night.  Yeah, right!  :)
Teacher Mama: Sight Word Practice Box

2.  I thought this would be so fun and creative to do as a writing entry.  My kids are not avid writers, in fact meltdowns often occur when it is time to write.  This would keep the writing to a minimum, have a purpose, an audience, and be so fun!  I can't wait to try it!
Have kids tell a short story this way.  Tell them how many pictures they can have (min/max) and let them tell a story. - I love this idea so much!!! We all know how much kids like taking pictures of themselves :D

3.  Telling time folder.  Telling time is almost always a benchmark on my IEPs.  I have everything to make these darling folders...now where did I place that motivation?! :)

Telling time activity- so smart!


Here's to getting things accomplished!!! 

What about you?  Do you pin things you never complete?  How do you go about getting all of your great ideas accomplished?

Let me know! This girl needs some tips! ;)

Kim




8 comments:

  1. I pin so many things I never complete! Printing them into a Pinterest to-do list is such a great idea. Good luck getting your pinned goals done :) Love that telling time folder!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I absolutely LOVE that telling time folder. I'm also a fellow special education teacher and that would be great for small group work. It looks like it's sold as a hard good, but I bet this would be useful to so many teachers. Telling time is one of those things that constantly gets pushed out of the math curriculum and it's so important!

    Also...were you think about using pizza boxes for the sight word box? You could definitely get a pizza place to donate enough for your class.


    Thanks for posting these cute ideas! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yes, that telling time is sold as a hard good. I thought it would be just as easy to make though.
      For the sight word boxes I have a ton of boxes in my room from when we had to pack everything up at the end of last year. They are small and fold closed. They are smaller in width than a pizza box but a couple of inches deeper. I think they will work great!
      As soon as I get one complete I'll post a pic! ;)

      Kim

      Delete
  3. First of all, I looove that telling time folder as well! And once you get the motivation, I'm sure it will come out great! I am constantly pinning things that I intend to make at the time, and never get around to! I try to make a point to look through my boards every once in a while to remind myself of what I pinned (still doesn't mean I actually make anything). Let me know if find the motivation & time! haha The to-do binder would be a great idea =)

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh pinterest - it can be a love/hate relationship! Sometimes I find too many cute things I want to do and then feel overwhelmed! I love the pizza box sight word box - another thing to add to my to-do list :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. H! Just wanted to let you and your readers know that I now have the templates for the sight word box available! I appreciate you featuring our idea and for all the friends you have sent our way!! Here is the link--http://boymamateachermama.com/2013/02/09/teacher-mama-sight-word-practice-box-templates/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful!! Thank you so much for creating those and letting me know!

      Kim

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! :)